With the summer in full swing and the temperatures rising, this fresh summer smoothie recipe will keep you cool and nourished. The summer heat can take Sadhaka Pitta out of balance and you can sometimes feel fiery emotions can arise. Sip on this delicious smoothie to cool your Pitta down.
- 1 cup almond milk, or unsweetened oat milk
- 3/4 cup fresh, ripe, sweet (not sour) berries
- 1/4 cup coconut water (excellent for hydration)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (combine organic cream of coconut with a little water to obtain thick coconut milk)
- A splash of food-grade Organic Rose Water, or a teaspoon of Organic Rose Petal Spread
- 1 tsp maple syrup, or to taste
Using a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Adjust all seasonings to taste. Serve cool.
Garnish with rose petals or mint leaves.