In Indian culture, the pomegranate juice has been prized as a balancing tridoshic healthy fruit. Pomegranate Cocktail tastes astringent, is mild to drink and increases intellect and strength.
In general, the Ayurvedic Pomegranate Cocktail is known to have a very unique combination of various healing and balancing properties.
Pomegranate tastes sweet in the beginning, leaving a slight astringent taste at the end. It is tridoshic (balances all three humors of body-vata, pitta and kapha); quenches thirst, helps reduce “fire” in the abdomen and eliminates fever. It also gives strength to the heart and helps cure ailments of the throat. It removes bad breath, cools, hydrates and nurtures the reproductive tissues. These are just a few of the pomegranate’s many healing properties.
A Pomegranate Cocktail is rich in antioxidants, vitamin c, Vitamin B5 and potassium. It is scientifically proven to be effective in reducing LDL (bad cholesterol) and raising HDL (good cholesterol).
Fresh pomegranate fruit juice is not only healthy but easy to prepare within a few minutes using a blender / juicer.
Pomegranate Cocktail Ingredients:
- 1 big sized pomegranate peeled
- 7 to 8 mint leaves
- ½ lime juice
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp jaggery powder
- ½ cup water
- Wash the pomegranate and pat dry.
- Take 1 cup pomegranate seeds in the blender jar.
- Pour 1/2 cup water.
- Pulse it for few times in a blender until the outer layer of seeds broke and release the juice.
- Don’t blend it, just pulse it because if the seeds break completely, the juice turns bitter.
- Strain the juice with a strainer. Garnish with mint leaves.