Balancing for all three doshas.
Ayurvedic Chai Tea INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 3 cups water
- 4 cloves
- 2 pinches nutmeg, ground
- 2 pinches cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, chopped fine
- 1 tsp black tea
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp sugar, Sucanat, or other sugar
- Boil the water with the spices for 2 minutes.
- Add the tea and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add sweetener and serve.
- You may vary the amounts of milk and sugar according to taste and Dosha. Of course, increasing milk and / or sugar can provoke Kapha, so take care.
- If you use caffeinated tea, the cardamom will help neutralise the effects of the caffeine.