Living wisely and the benefits of ayurveda
Ayurveda paves the way towards the best possible health a person may achieve by adapting himself to the ayurvedic lifestyle modifications of diet and exercise. Ayurveda is the pure form of natural way of lifestyle.
It comprises both ayurvedic medicines as well as ayurvedic exercises designed especially for individualised characteristics of a person also termed as “Doshas”. This article aims to provide information regarding how we can get benefits from Ayurveda and live a healthy life using Ayurvedic lifestyle. This article explores the notion of living wisely and the benefits of ayurveda.
Ayurvedic diet modifications:
- Drink plenty of water to replenish both mind and body. “Ama” is the stored waste in our body that gets expelled out by drinking adequate amounts of freshwater having the perfect blend of minerals.
- Always prepare fresh food for eating at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Prevent as far as from fast foods, canned products, frozen or preserved meat, fruits or vegetables. Because these food items can create slow toxins in your body that affect health in a chronic fashion.
- Always eat slowly with proper chewing and in a peaceful environment. These all factors of Ayurveda promote digestion and inhibit the piling up of toxin in the body.
- Make a habit of taking at least one glass of fresh buffalo milk every night at bedtime because milk has special importance in Ayurveda as it is considered as a complete nutrition package. Don’t take milk with meals. Coupled with cardamom, milk provides nourishment to brain cells and help them improve while in sleep.
- Use Ayurvedic tea instead of conventional caffeine-filled tea. Ayurvedic tea is the perfect blend of natural herbs that are suitable for providing instant zest and relaxation to the mind and body. There are several ayurvedic herbal teas available that are formulated for specific doshas or body types.
- Never skip your morning breakfast. Eat light and easily digestible foods at breakfast. Apples (cooked), when eaten empty stomach in the morning, are known to remove toxins from the body leading to the better immune system and body strength.
- Eating fresh fruits prior to eating breakfast is best practice in Ayurveda that is known to increase the life span and health quality as well. Breakfast can contain cereals.
- Use natural spices like cumin, fennel, coriander, cardamom etc with your regular foods. These spice are known to improve gastric health and gastric health is linked to ultimate health conditions of the body. Thes spices will also add better taste and flavour to your regular foods.
Ayurvedic lifestyle modifications:
- Stay humble. Never walk with arrogance on Earth that is the motherly nature. Always have a humble and grateful attitude not only with humans but with all the living creatures of the world.
- Make a habit of morning walk to keep yourself fresh, active and sharp throuhout the day.
- Take small breaks in the whole day in which you should practice ”sadhana” which is deep breathing having eyes closed in a peaceful and quiet environment free from tensions.
- Treat your body by ayurvedic massages (abhyanga). Use herbal oil for massaging the body because it heals the body pains and smoothens skin.
- Use honey, rose-water, olive oil, cucumber an aloe vera to moisturize, exfoliate and cleanse the skin making your skin healthy and fresh.
- Make a friend that is the closest to your heart and share your good and bad events of each others life. This approach provides mental peace and calmness.